Sunday, August 06, 2006

Email of the Day

"I noticed your tagline at the top of the page is now 'New look, same great taste.' Where is this new look? Am I just not seeing it? Also, how do you taste a website?"

To answer that question, I'm going to need some help from the audience. Alright, now everybody on the left side, I want you to stand up and look as reddish-orangy as you can! OK, good, good! Now right side, let's show the left side how it's done! Great! Now keep that up, but I want you to turn blue, like a royal blue.

See, that's what Caught on the Bound was about to switch over to last night. The marketing department even came up with the incredibly original tagline "New look, same great taste!" but I ultimately vetoed it after I saw it on a soft drink commercial. The revised edition that I personally created is "New look, same great taste." I decided to cool it down a bit and make a more subtle declaration.

As for how you taste a website, I have this to say: very carefully.

Thanks for the email. It's no Jack Canfield, but I'll take it.