Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And I Feel Fine

Ed Brayton covers the end of the world as we know it.

Money quote:

"Here's a simple rule I find useful: if you belong to a religious group that has a "compound," things are not going to end well."
I would add: it's also not going to end well if you try to leave your religion but keep getting caught in the barbed wire. Wait! Did I just get an idea/excuse to post this? Yes. Yes I did:



Anyways, stick around tomorrow for Caught on the Bound's Doomsday Watch 2008!
"The House of Yahweh recently gave ABC reporter Brian Ross access to their west Texas compound. Yahweh leader Yisrayl Hawkins says a nuclear holocaust will come June 12th and only members of his group will be saved."
Also, commenter Lilly de Lure says:
"What, again? You'd've thought people would have learnt by now that if you insist on predicting the end of the world at least be smart enough not to mention anything so tediously falsifiable as an exact date."
Personally, I'm sticking with the Mayan calendar's end date of Dec. 21, 2012.