Tuesday, August 15, 2006

David Copperfield Discovers Fountain of Youth

I never thought it would happen.

"I've discovered a true phenomenon," he told Reuters in a telephone interview. "You can take dead leaves, they come in contact with the water, they become full of life again. ... Bugs or insects that are near death, come in contact with the water, they'll fly away. It's an amazing thing, very, very exciting."
I'm sure we all have our questions, but I'm going to skip some of the more obvious ones and jump to this: "bugs or insects near death?" How did he just "happen" to find bugs or insects near death? There's no denying it: Copperfield ordered a hit or two. I can just see the 50 year-old Copperfield outside on his hands and knees picking up ants and throwing a crowbar to a leg or six. I hope PETA gets on this and raises some sincere, loving, tender hell.

But really, what is Copperfield up to? It's an amazing thing. Very, very exciting. Kind of. We'll see (we won't).