Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Pirate Plank Redemption

Everyone has some idea of what a pirate is. Not the Napster/digital underground/bringing down the RIAA/don't copy that floppy kind of pirate, but the pirate of the seas. During a routine pirate sweep on the internet, I came across an interesting detailing of pirate punishments. With punishments such as Walking the Plank, Moses' Law, Cat O' Nine Tails, Marooning, Keel Hauling, and Hanging, I can understand why so many of these things ended in mutiny.

My own experience with pirates is somewhat extensive. I had a Lego pirate ship, the Black Seas Barracuda, that I would sail around the house (always with a few plastic Lego sharks close behind) and pretend to capture other action figures. I also saw pirates on TV. As you can see, I obviously have a large stake in understanding these crazy sons of bitches. Anyways, good luck with your own pirate endeavors.